POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is the most marketable skill? : What is the most marketable skill? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  What is the most marketable skill?
From: incognito
Date: 7 Jan 2004 16:25:03
Message: <web.3ffc78a5399261fe858973900@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Some of you may have read my earlier post from before the holidays about
looking for work related to ray tracing (i.e. rendering scenes) and related
tools.

I was wondering what is the single most marketable skill/tool in this field
you would recommend seeking training in?

I just found out today that I am eligible for some financial aid towards
learning a new skill from the dept of employment security in my state (in
the U.S.). The amount alloted is relatively generous but there is a time
limit so I need to figure this out soon. I would like to apply the money to
a course that would improve my resume as far as graphics is concerned. I
already know some OpenGL (creating 3d sci visualization apps), POV-ray and
have a BSCS degree w/a couple yrs of non-graphics related work experience
as a SW developer. Hopefully, this gives you an idea of my background but
let me know in case you need more info. (Also, the course cannot be taken
online).

Any suggestions on what a good skill to learn would be?

Thank you very much!